We independently select all products and services. If you click through links we provide, Mighty Deals may earn a commission.
If you experience knee pain when sitting in an office chair, try putting the chair height down or adding a footrest. If the seat cushion is too deep and touches the back of your knees, and you can’t adjust it, try using a thin pillow between your back and the chair. Manager-style high-back leather chairs usually only adjust in height. This means they may not fit many people well.
When looking for the best office chair for knee pain, look for one that has adjustments for height, seat pan depth, lumbar support, armrests, etc., from a reputable brand with a long warranty. These chairs are better for your body and more comfortable. They also cost less yearly as they last longer. An ergonomic kneeling chair is a popular option and is available for most budgets.
If you prefer a regular office chair instead of a kneeling chair, remember, it’s about the legs being horizontal and knees at about a 90° angle. If the chair is too high, above 90°, it can hurt your knees. If it’s too low, below this angle, it also causes discomfort. The goal is to find the right height that works for you.
Your knees should be roughly at a 90° angle while you’re seated. Getting a footrest or a block to rest your feet on might solve the problem. Ensure that raising your legs doesn’t strain your hips. Let’s look at the top office chairs for knee pain.
Best Office Chairs for Knee Pain
If you spend a lot of time sitting at a desk, you know how important it is to have a comfortable and supportive office chair. However, for those with knee pain, it’s challenging to find the right chair.
That’s why we’ve put together a list of the best office chairs for knee pain. Our team tested many chairs. We bring you options that are both comfortable and supportive. Keep reading to find the perfect chair for your needs.
1. DR.LOMILOMI Ergonomic Kneeling Chair
Improve your posture and alleviate back and spine stress with the DR.LOMILOMI Ergonomic Kneeling Chair. We highly recommend this chair for anyone who spends prolonged periods sitting for work or study.
- The chair’s ergonomic design promotes correct posture and relieves stress on the back and spine.
- The Vital Comfort Cushioning features an extra-wide and thickly padded seat and kneeling cushion for enhanced comfort.
- The 2-Second Height Adjustment mechanism is the easiest we’ve seen, requiring just a slight lift of a single side lever for perfect seat height tuning.
- The chair’s height adjuster increases the angle of the seat and backrest, which may not be comfortable for some users.
- The wheels do not rotate easily, and it may be difficult to move the chair around.
- The chair may only be tolerable to use for about an hour at a time.
We found the DR.LOMILOMI Ergonomic Kneeling Chair to be a great investment for anyone looking to improve their posture and reduce back pain. The chair’s Vital Comfort Cushioning provides excellent support, and the 2-Second Height Adjustment mechanism makes it easy to customize your seating position.
We found two downsides: the chair’s height adjuster may not be comfortable for everyone, and its wheels do not rotate easily. Additionally, using the chair might become uncomfortable after about an hour.
Overall, we highly recommend the DR.LOMILOMI Ergonomic Kneeling Chair for anyone looking for a comfortable and ergonomic seating solution.”
2. DRAGONN by VIVO Rocking Kneeling Chair
If you’re looking for a chair that can help alleviate knee pain while also improving your posture, the DRAGONN by VIVO Rocking Kneeling Chair might be just what you need.
- The thick cushions provide excellent support, making it comfortable to sit for long periods of time.
- The advanced rocker frame allows for smooth motion, which can help relieve stress and improve concentration.
- The solid steel frame is durable and can support up to 243 lbs in weight.
- It may take some time to get used to sitting in a kneeling chair, as it uses different muscles than a regular chair.
- Some users may find it difficult to adjust the tension of the front and back springs to their liking.
- The chair is not adjustable in height, so it may not be suitable for all users.
We found that the DRAGONN by VIVO Rocking Kneeling Chair was comfortable to sit in, even for extended periods. The thick cushions provided excellent support for our knees and back, and the advanced rocker frame allowed for smooth motion that helped us stay focused and relaxed.
However, getting used to the kneeling chair took some time, as sitting in this chair uses different muscles than a regular chair. We also found adjusting the tension of the front and back springs tricky. Additionally, the chair’s fixed height may not suit everyone.
Overall, if you’re looking for a chair that can help alleviate knee pain and improve your posture, the DRAGONN by VIVO Rocking Kneeling Chair is definitely worth considering. Just be prepared to spend some time getting used to it!
3. SITSEATSEE Ergonomic Kneeling Chair with Back Support
If you’re looking for a comfortable and adjustable office chair to relieve your knee pain, the SITSEATSEE Ergonomic Kneeling Chair with Back Support might be a good option for you.
- The thick cushions allow you to sit and work in comfort.
- The adjustable seat angle and height meet the needs of people of different heights.
- The wooden back support with a sleek walnut style adds a modern touch to your home or office.
- The chair might take some time to get used to, especially if you’re not used to kneeling chairs.
- The pressure on your knees might be uncomfortable if you lean forward too much.
- The chair might not be suitable for people with knee or back problems.
We’ve tried the SITSEATSEE Ergonomic Kneeling Chair with Back Support and found it comfortable and stylish. The chair’s thick cushions support your knees well. Its adjustable seat angle and height let you find your body’s perfect position. The wooden back support adds elegance to your workspace.
However, we also found that the chair might take some time to get used to, especially if you’re not used to kneeling chairs. If you lean forward too much, the pressure can make your knees uncomfortable. Finding the right balance between comfort and posture is key.
Overall, if you’re looking for an ergonomic office chair that can help relieve knee pain and add a modern touch to your workspace, the SITSEATSEE Ergonomic Kneeling Chair with Back Support might be a good option for you.
4. ProErgo Pneumatic Ergonomic Kneeling Chair
If you are looking for an ergonomic kneeling chair that provides maximum comfort and helps alleviate neck and back pain, then the ProErgo Pneumatic Ergonomic Kneeling Chair is a great option for you.
- The chair features a pneumatic pump for increased height flexibility, allowing you to customize it to your perfect comfort level.
- The ergonomic design of the chair helps relieve workday stiffness from sitting too long in traditional office chairs.
- The chair is constructed with a strong metal base, supporting up to 250 lbs.
- The angle and positioning of the chair may cause knee pain for some users.
- The fabric of the chair may not be as durable as some users would like.
- The chair may not be suitable for users over a certain height.
We have used the ProErgo Pneumatic Ergonomic Kneeling Chair and found it to be a great option for relieving back and neck pain. The chair is easy to assemble, taking only five minutes to put together. Its compact design makes it easy to store under your desk when you’re not using it.
Its breathable 2.5″ fabric cushions offer all-day cool comfort. Its four full-swivel wheels make moving around your workspace easy. Its sleek design enhances any workspace, making it a great addition to your office, classroom, or home.
Overall, we would recommend the ProErgo Pneumatic Ergonomic Kneeling Chair to anyone looking for an ergonomic kneeling chair that provides maximum comfort and helps alleviate neck and back pain.
5. SMUG Home Office Swivel Chair
If you’re looking for an affordable and comfortable office chair that can help alleviate knee pain, the SMUG Home Office Ergonomic Desk Mesh Computer Modern Height Adjustable Swivel Chair with Lumbar Support/Flip-up Arms, Grey, might be the perfect fit for you.
- The ergonomic design of this chair provides excellent support for your lower back, which can help reduce spinal pain and improve your posture.
- The flip-up arms are adjustable, so you can find the perfect position for your elbows and reduce discomfort in that area.
- The high-density sponge seat covered with breathable mesh fabric is soft, comfortable, and durable, making it ideal for long hours of work.
- Some users may find that the chair’s weight capacity of 250lbs is not enough for their needs.
- The chair’s grey color might not be to everyone’s liking.
- The chair’s solid back may not be as comfortable for some users as a chair with a mesh back.
We recently tried the SMUG Home Office Ergonomic Chair, Grey, and were impressed by its quality and comfort. Assembly was a breeze, and we had it up and running in no time.
We were particularly impressed by the chair’s ergonomic design. Its lumbar support and backrest, fitting our lower back’s curve, reduced spinal pain and improved posture. Its flip-up arms were beneficial, letting us adjust our elbow height and reduce discomfort.
Another highlight was the chair’s soft, high-density sponge seat with breathable mesh fabric. It was both comfortable and durable, allowing hours of use without discomfort.
Overall, this SMUG ergonomic chair is an excellent, affordable choice for comfort and knee pain relief. If you’re in the market for a new chair, we highly recommend giving it a try.
6. DRAGONN Ergonomic Kneeling Chair
If you’re looking for a comfortable and supportive office chair that can help alleviate knee pain, the DRAGONN Ergonomic Kneeling Chair may be worth considering.
- The chair’s ergonomic design can help improve your posture and reduce knee pain.
- It’s easy to adjust the height to find the perfect position for you.
- The chair’s heavy-duty construction means it’s built to last.
- The kneeling position may take some getting used to if you’re not familiar with it.
- Some users may find the seat cushion too firm.
- The chair’s back support is not adjustable.
We found that the DRAGONN Ergonomic Kneeling Chair is ideal for reducing knee pain and improving posture, especially for those who sit at a desk for long hours. Its angled seat promotes an upright posture, reducing stress on the knees and back.
The chair is also easy to adjust to your preferred height, with a range of 21″ to 31″. This makes it suitable for people of various heights. The chair’s heavy-duty construction means it can support up to 250 lbs, ensuring durability.
A potential downside is that users new to the kneeling position might need time to adjust to the DRAGONN Ergonomic Kneeling Chair. Some users may also find the seat cushion too firm, although this is subjective. Additionally, the chair’s back support is not adjustable, which could be a limitation for some.
Overall, we think the DRAGONN Ergonomic Kneeling Chair is a great choice for a comfortable and supportive office chair that helps alleviate knee pain. Its modern design and sturdy build ensure long-lasting support and reliability.”
When choosing an office chair for knee pain, there are several factors to consider. We recommend looking for chairs that offer adjustable features, such as seat height, depth, and tilt, as well as lumbar support and armrests. These features can help alleviate pressure on the knees and provide comfort throughout the workday.
It’s also important to consider the material of the chair. Look for chairs with breathable fabrics or materials that won’t trap heat, as this can cause discomfort and exacerbate knee pain. Additionally, chairs with a contoured seat and backrest can help distribute weight evenly and reduce pressure on the knees.
When shopping for an office chair for knee pain, we suggest trying out several options before making a final decision. Take the time to sit in each chair and adjust the settings to find the most comfortable fit for your body. It may also be helpful to consult with a healthcare professional or ergonomic specialist for personalized recommendations.
Below is a table summarizing the key features to look for in an office chair for knee pain:
|Adjustable Seat Height
|Allows for customization to fit your body
|Adjustable Seat Depth
|Provides optimal support for the thighs
|Helps reduce pressure on the knees
|Provides additional support for the lower back
|Helps alleviate pressure on the shoulders and neck
|Prevents heat buildup and discomfort
|Contoured Seat and Backrest
|Distributes weight evenly and reduces pressure on the knees
By considering these factors and testing out different chairs, you can find an office chair that will help alleviate knee pain and provide comfort during long workdays.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the key features to look for in an ergonomic office chair to alleviate knee pain?
To ease knee pain, choose an ergonomic office chair with adjustable seat height, seat depth, and lumbar support. A chair with a shaped seat helps spread your weight and lessen knee pressure
How does chair height impact knee discomfort, and what height is optimal?
The height of your chair can greatly affect your knee comfort. The best chair height lets your feet rest flat on the ground and your knees bend at a 90-degree angle. Sitting with feet flat and knees at 90 degrees reduces knee pressure and improves posture.
Can ergonomic kneeling chairs help reduce knee pain, and who should use them?
Ergonomic kneeling chairs help lessen knee pain by moving body weight forward, easing knee pressure. These chairs are perfect for people who sit for long hours and suffer from knee pain due to bad posture or wrong alignment.
What types of chairs are recommended for individuals with arthritic knees?
Chairs that have a wider seat and a contoured shape can help individuals with arthritic knees by evenly distributing weight and reducing knee pressure. Chairs that can adjust in height and provide lumbar support can also ease knee pain for these individuals.
What is the best sitting position to minimize knee pain while working at a desk?
To minimize knee pain at a desk, sit with your feet flat, knees at a 90-degree angle, and back straight. Don’t cross your legs or sit long without break periods to stretch and move.
Could an improperly adjusted office chair contribute to knee pain, and how can it be adjusted correctly?
An improperly adjusted office chair can contribute to knee pain by placing pressure on the knees and causing poor posture. To adjust your chair, set the seat height so your feet are flat on the ground and knees bend at a right angle. The lumbar support should also be adjusted to support the natural curve of your spine.