We independently select all products and services. If you click through links we provide, Mighty Deals may earn a commission.
A Chromebook is a laptop that runs on Google’s Chrome OS, an operating system that primarily uses cloud storage and Google’s suite of applications. It’s known for its fast boot times, ease of use, and security features, with most applications and documents being accessible online.
Not all drawing tablets work with a Chromebook. We’ve reviewed Chromebook-certified devices and made a list of the top drawing tablets for Chromebooks, to improve your digital art.
Best Drawing Tablets for Chromebook
We have compiled a list of the best drawing tablets for Chromebook users. Our selections cater to various needs and budgets, making it easier for you to find the perfect match.
1. XP-Pen Star03 V2 Drawing Tablet
We believe the XP-Pen Star03 V2 Drawing Tablet is a great option for Chromebook users, offering a comfortable drawing experience and helpful features for a reasonable price.
- Large working area
- Ergonomic battery-free stylus
- Customizable shortcut keys
- Potential driver compatibility issues
- Some might find the learning curve steep for beginners
- Additional features may be desired for advanced artists
The XP-Pen Star03 V2 Drawing Tablet has a 10×6 inch area for drawing. This space feels like using paper and pen and is great for Chromebook users. The tablet also supports a battery-free stylus with 8192 pressure levels, allowing us to draw smoothly without needing to pause for charging or worry about battery life.
One standout feature of this drawing tablet is the ergonomic P01 stylus. Its design made drawing feel like using a real pen on paper, enhancing our creativity. Also, the tablet has eight shortcuts. You can set these as hotkeys or to open programs and websites. This feature is very useful and helped us work better without using our Chromebook’s keyboard much.
While the XP-Pen Star03 V2 has many great features, it has its flaws. Some of us had driver issues. These might need extra troubleshooting or help from the manufacturer. Beginners might find the tablet hard to use at first. But with patience, they can learn it. Also, advanced artists might think this tablet has fewer features than high-end ones.
Despite its cons, we believe the XP-Pen Star03 V2 Drawing Tablet is a good choice for Chromebook users. It offers an engaging drawing experience and useful shortcuts to improve workflow, all at an affordable price.
2. Wacom Intuos Small Graphics Drawing Tablet
We highly recommend the Wacom Intuos Small Graphics Drawing Tablet for its precision, software compatibility, and ease of use.
- Exceptional pen performance
- Works with various software programs
- Includes software and training
- May take time to adapt to the feeling of the pen
- Small learning curve for some users
- Not the best choice for advanced artists
The Wacom Intuos Small Graphics Drawing Tablet quickly impressed us with its superb pen performance. Drawing feels incredibly natural, as if you are using a real pen on paper. We love how the battery-free technology ensures uninterrupted creativity without any lag or charging hassles.
Its compatibility with all software programs makes the tablet very versatile. We tested it with various applications, from graphic design to photo and video editing, and it easily held up to the tasks. We appreciate that the included software and online training make it easier for beginners to start their artistic journey.
However, some users might find a small learning curve with this new drawing tablet. It takes a little time to adapt to the pen and tablet, but the transition is smooth. While we highly recommend this drawing tablet for beginners and intermediate users, it’s worth noting that advanced artists may want to explore other options with more advanced features.
Overall, Chromebook users looking for a reliable and easy-to-use drawing tablet will find the Wacom Intuos Small Graphics Drawing Tablet fantastic. With the added bonus of included software and training, you’ll be well on your way to creating digital masterpieces in no time.
3. XP-Pen Deco 01 V2 Drawing Tablet
The XP-Pen Deco 01 V2 is an excellent drawing tablet for Chromebook users who are looking for a budget-friendly yet feature-packed option.
- Large 10×6.25-inch working area
- Tilt support up to 60 degrees for more natural drawing
- Android and Chrome OS compatibility
- Connection issues occasionally reported
- Not directly compatible with Android mobile devices
- No wireless connectivity option
We recently used the XP-Pen Deco 01 V2 drawing tablet, and it left a favorable impression on us. The spacious 10×6.25-inch working area offers plenty of room for creative freedom and ease of operation. This tablet accommodates not only Chromebook but also Windows, Mac OS, and Android platforms, making it highly versatile.
One feature that stood out to us was the tilt support. With up to 60 degrees of tilt brush effect, drawing on this tablet feels smoother and more natural. It also allows for shading techniques, which elevates the overall art-making experience.
The tablet works well with many operating systems. However, some users report occasional connection problems. The Deco 01 V2 is compatible with Android 6.0 and higher, but it cannot connect directly to Android phones.
A potential minor drawback for some is its lack of wireless connectivity. The Deco 01 V2 connects via USB, which might be inconvenient for those who prefer a clutter-free workspace. However, its low price and many features mean this is not a major issue.
In conclusion, the XP-Pen Deco 01 V2 drawing tablet is an excellent option for Chromebook users or anyone seeking a budget-friendly and feature-rich tablet. Despite some small downsides, its large work area, tilt support, and compatibility are big positives.
4. One by Wacom Small Graphics Drawing Tablet
A solid choice for students and creators who want a reliable, user-friendly drawing tablet for their Chromebook.
- Compatible with Chromebook, Mac, and Windows
- No batteries or charging required for the pen
- Professional-grade Wacom pen technology
- Smaller drawing area
- No wireless connectivity
- Lack of customization options
We recently had the chance to try out the One by Wacom Small Graphics Drawing Tablet, and we found it to be a reliable and versatile drawing tablet perfect for students and creators. The tablet easily connects to Chromebooks, Macs, and Windows via a simple USB connection.
The pen that accompanies the tablet is battery-free and pressure-sensitive. We were impressed with its responsiveness, giving us seamless control over our drawings. The pen’s natural feel comes from Wacom’s over 35 years of experience in digital pen development.
However, we did find the drawing area to be on the smaller side. If you’re used to larger tablets, the adjustment may take some time, but the compact size does make it more portable. Another drawback is its lack of wireless connectivity, limiting how you can set up your workspace.
The One by Wacom tablet isn’t as customizable as some other drawing tablets on the market, but its straightforward and user-friendly design is perfect for beginners. This tablet focuses on the essentials, ideal for beginners in digital art. It’s also a reliable and compatible choice for Chromebook users.
In conclusion, the One by Wacom Small Graphics Drawing Tablet offers a solid drawing experience that is compatible with Chromebooks, Macs, and Windows computers. While it may lack some customization options and have a smaller drawing area, its reliable performance, compatibility, and professional-grade pen technology make it a great option for students and creators alike.
5. XP-PEN StarG640 Drawing Tablet
We found the XP-PEN StarG640 drawing tablet to be an excellent choice for beginners, offering a balance of affordability and functionality.
- Battery-free stylus for uninterrupted drawing
- Compact and portable design
- Compatible with Chromebook devices
- Small working area
- Pen and mouse don’t work simultaneously
- Occasional broken lines while drawing
We recently tried the XP-PEN StarG640 drawing tablet, and overall, we were quite impressed with its performance. The battery-free stylus means we don’t have to worry about charging it, allowing for smooth and uninterrupted drawing sessions. Plus, its slim and lightweight design suits people with busy lifestyles or small desks.
Its compatibility with Chromebook devices is a bonus, allowing easy content creation and collaboration on digital platforms. However, it is worth noting that the tablet has a small working area, which might not suit everyone’s preferences. Some users may find it challenging to make precise drawings due to this limitation.
Another small issue is that the pen can’t be used with a mouse at the same time. Consider this before buying. Also, during testing, we sometimes found broken lines that needed filling in.
Despite these issues, we recommend the reliable XP-PEN StarG640 for beginners or those seeking an affordable tablet. The tablet’s features and performance make it a great choice for digital drawing, online learning, and remote work.
6. UGEE M708 V3 Graphics Drawing Tablet
If you’re looking for an affordable, compatible, and user-friendly drawing tablet for your Chromebook, UGEE M708 V3 is highly recommended.
- Powerful compatibility with Chromebook and various operating systems
- Impressive 8192 pressure levels for precise and smooth drawing experience
- Large active drawing space with a textured surface
- Potential for screen scratches with continuous use
- No built-in wireless connectivity
- Limited advanced features compared to competitors
Upon using the UGEE M708 V3 Graphics Drawing Tablet, we found it to be a reliable and convenient tool that works exceptionally well with Chromebooks. Its compatibility feature ensures a seamless experience on Windows, macOS, Linux, and Chromebooks.
The stylus’s 8192 pressure levels offer perfect control and precision. We were amazed by its no-lag sketching and painting experience, which helped bring our creative visions to life instantly. The large 10 x 6-inch drawing area with its papery texture allowed unlimited creative expression.
One downside that we noticed was the potential for screen scratches after long-term use. However, this can be easily avoided with proper care and maintenance. The tablet lacks built-in wireless connectivity and has fewer advanced features than other market options.
In conclusion, the UGEE M708 V3 Graphics Drawing Tablet offers an excellent drawing experience for Chromebook users. Its powerful compatibility, impressive pressure sensitivity, and spacious drawing area make it a smart choice for beginners and experienced artists. Just be mindful of the screen while using it and make sure to explore additional features and software to take full advantage of this tablet.
7. Artisul A1201 Drawing Tablet
If you’re in search of an affordable and versatile drawing tablet for your Chromebook, look no further than the Artisul A1201.
- Excellent pressure sensitivity and tilt support
- Battery-free stylus
- Customizable shortcut keys
- Some issues with the included cable
- Takes a bit of time to calibrate
- Compatibility issues with Android devices
We recently tested the Artisul A1201 drawing tablet and found it to be an impressive choice for beginners and professionals alike. It has 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity for smooth, natural lines. Its 60° tilt support makes drawing feel like using a real pencil.
The battery-free stylus is a remarkable feature, eliminating the need to constantly recharge the pen, ensuring uninterrupted creativity. The tablet also has customizable shortcut keys. You can set these to speed up your work by quickly changing tools or actions.
However, we faced a minor issue with the included cable. After replacing it, the tablet worked flawlessly. Additionally, calibrating the tablet might be slightly challenging, especially for beginners, but once you get the hang of it, the experience is fantastic.
Lastly, we noticed compatibility issues with Android devices. This makes the tablet less suitable for cross-platform use. Despite these few drawbacks, we still highly recommend the Artisul A1201 drawing tablet for anyone looking to enhance their Chromebook experience with a responsive, user-friendly, and affordable digital drawing tool.
Key Features to Consider
When looking for the best drawing tablet for a Chromebook, there are several features to keep in mind. We’ve compiled a list of the most important aspects to consider during your search:
- Compatibility: Make sure the tablet is compatible with your Chromebook. Most drawing tablets support common operating systems like Windows and macOS, but not all of them work with Chrome OS.
- Pressure Sensitivity: Tablets with higher pressure sensitivity detect varied pen pressures, offering a realistic drawing feel. Look for a tablet with at least 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity for a smooth and accurate drawing experience.
- Tablet Size: Choose a tablet size that suits your needs and workspace. Larger tablets are great for detailed work, while smaller tablets are more portable and require less desk space.
- Active Area: The active area is the part of the tablet that responds to the pen. A larger active area means bigger, more detailed strokes, but it can also make the tablet bigger and more expensive.
- Pen Type: The type of pen can impact the drawing experience. Some pens require batteries or charging, while others are battery-free. Battery-free pens often work on electromagnetic resonance, needing no power.
- Shortcut Buttons: Many tablets feature programmable buttons on both the tablet and pen. You can set these buttons for certain functions or shortcuts, improving your work efficiency.
Budget and Needs
When choosing a drawing tablet for your Chromebook, it’s essential to first determine your budget and specific requirements. Choose a drawing tablet with the right mix of features and cost to get good value from your purchase.
|Basic compatibility with Chromebook, smaller active area, lower pressure sensitivity
|Better compatibility, larger active area, higher pressure sensitivity, shortcut buttons
|Top compatibility, professional-grade pressure sensitivity, high-quality pen, advanced features
Trying Before Buying
Finally, if possible, try out the drawing tablet before purchasing. Check the tablet’s comfort, ease of use, and responsiveness. This ensures it suits your needs and makes drawing enjoyable. Some local electronics stores or art schools may have tablets available for testing.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the compatible drawing tablets with Chromebooks?
Several drawing tablets work with Chromebooks. These include Wacom, Huion, and XP-Pen. Wacom, Huion, and XP-Pen offer models for Chrome OS. They ensure a smooth drawing experience.
How can you connect a Wacom tablet to a Chromebook?
To connect a Wacom tablet to a Chromebook, plug the tablet’s USB cable into the Chromebook’s USB port. Once connected, Chrome OS should detect the tablet and install its drivers. Models such as the One by Wacom are made for Chromebook compatibility. Before buying, ensure the tablet is compatible with Chromebooks.
Are there any standalone drawing tablets that work well with Chromebooks?
Standalone drawing tablets, or pen displays, are devices that attach to your Chromebook. They have a screen for drawing. Brands such as Wacom and XP-Pen make top standalone drawing tablets that work with Chromebooks. Examples include the Wacom One and XP-Pen Artist Series.
What steps are necessary to install XP-Pen on a Chromebook?
To install XP-Pen on a Chromebook, follow these steps:
- Download the Chrome OS driver from the official XP-Pen website.
- Extract the downloaded ZIP file to a folder.
- Open a terminal window by pressing “Ctrl + Alt + T.”
- Use the ‘cd’ command to navigate to the folder with the extracted files.
- Type ‘./install.sh’ and press Enter to run the installation script.
- To finish installing, restart your Chromebook.
Which XP-Pen tablet models are supported by Chromebook drivers?
XP-Pen offers various tablet models with Chromebook support. Some examples are the Star G-series tablets, Deco series tablets, and Artist series pen display tablets. You should check the XP-Pen website for updated compatibility information because new models and updates often become available.
Can you recommend a medium-sized drawing tablet for Chromebook users?
We recommend the XP-Pen Deco Pro as a medium-sized tablet option for Chromebook users. The XP-Pen Deco Pro offers a generous drawing area, customizable shortcut keys, and a sleek design. The XP-Pen Deco Pro’s compatibility with Chrome OS ensures a seamless drawing experience without driver issues. Other tablet options include the Wacom Intuos and the Huion Inspiroy H640P.