This deal has expired but you can still find lots of awesome Courses deals below:
WordPress for Beginners Video Bundle - only $47!
53% You save
What makes WordPress so great both as a popular blogging platform and CMS, is its huge flexibility and multitude of widgets, plugins, and tools available due to its open source nature. Unfortunately, all that flexibility also means it can be somewhat overwhelming for beginners. If you're looking to get started with WordPress but don't know where to begin, then this Mighty Deal has your name written all over it!
From Pearson Education comes a video bundle of WordPress tutorials. You'll get three instructional videos for one low price: "Introducing WordPress", "Building a WordPress Blog People Want to Read", and "HTML5 for Beginners".
Introducing WordPress: Learn by Video
Whether you've never touched WordPress before or you're just looking for a bit of a refresher, Introducing WordPress will walk you through every step you need to set up your blog. Taught by web designer and trainer Joe Chellman, this video runs 4 hours and 25 minutes.
- Installing and configuring WordPress
- Initial settings
- Security Tweaks
- Writing and managing content
- Uploading media to the Media Library
- Blogrolls and Links
- Dealing with Comments
- RSS Feeds
- How to use and select Themes
- Customizing with Plugins
- Backing up your files
- Learn more...
Building a WordPress Blog People Want to Read
These days, everybody and their mother seems to have a blog. Setting one up isn't all that difficult. Getting people to read and keep reading your blog is the real trick. And with the right planning and tools, you can quickly set up a thriving community. Taught by Scott McNulty, this video runs 1 hour and 32 minutes.
- Learn how to install and set up WordPress
- Pick a theme for your blog
- Create custom menus
- Take control of your blog's appearance using the WordPress Dashboard
- Learn the use and how to install plugins
- Control users and various profiles
- Manage and create posts and pages
- Figure out how to control user comments
- Learn more
Watch lesson 1:
HTML5 for Beginners: Learn by Video
While you don't need to know HTML to use WordPress, the lessons you'll earn from Software trainer Sally Cox will help you create a truly elegant-looking site from the ground up. This 2-hour, high-quality course teaches you how to use HTML5 in an easy step-by-step visual manner. Sally Cox has 12 years of experience in the printing/publishing industry and is a former art director for Adobe Systems on the multimedia team. She is an Adobe Certified Software Trainer, and published author of books and white papers on Adobe products. Sally has taught graphic design courses at two Art Institute of California campuses, and continues teaching Adobe software, both in the classroom and online via Adobe Connect Pro.
- Build a wireframe
- Polish up your site with graphics and color
- Integrate multimedia
- Watch-and-Work mode shrinks video into a small window to let student work alongside in the application
- Jump to any topic at any time
- Includes online booklet with supplemental material
- Bundle includes project files used in lessons so student can practice
- Learn more...
Bought separately, these three incredible WordPress resources would normally cost you $99.99, but for a limited time only, you can get the entire WordPress Beginners Bundle for just $47! That's a savings of more than 50% off the normal price!
- These are streaming videos, not downloadable. You will have access to watch them as many times as wish, but you will require Internet access to watch them.
- You will receive a coupon code after completing your purchase, to register at the Peachpit.com website to access the videos.
- The Wordpress Beginners Bundle is content owed by Pearson Education, Inc and is to be used for personal, non-commercial, non transferable use.