Smashing Bundle! Usability and UX for Web Design - only $19!
37% You save
Usability and User Experience are two things you may not normally think about when building a website. But you should. Learning the patterns and techniques that appeal to users and enhance their experience can make a huge difference in the success of your site.
With this Usability and UX for Web Design bundle of eBooks from Smashing Magazine, you'll be fully armed to best tailor your website for users. Each of these six high-quality eBooks are provided in three DRM-free file formats: PDF, ePUB, and Mobipocket. So you can enjoy reading them on any of your favorite devices.
The bundle includes:
User Experience Design (134 pages)
Every user is different. That's because every user comes from a different background, has a different personality, and displays different emotions. With this in mind, many Web designers continue to develop new strategies to improve the overall UX, so they can cast the largest net over their userbase. This important eBook offers tips and insights into how to best improve your website with the help of storytelling, tools for problem solving, relationship engineering, and a variety of improvements to your customer service department. Learn more...
- Why User Experience Cannot Be Designed
- Design Is About Solving Problems
- A Design Is Only As Deep As It Is Usable
- Designing The Well-Tempered Web
- Better User Experience With Storytelling - Part 1
- Better User Experience With Storytelling - Part 2
- Relationship Engineering - Part 1
- Relationship Engineering - Part 2
- Taking A Customer From Like To Love: The UX Of Long-Term Relationships
- Idiots, Drama Queens And Scammers: Improving Customer Service with UX
Psychology of Web Design (272 pages)
Being creative isn't the only skill a Web designer needs. It's one thing to know which colors look best next to each other. But you also need to be aware of how your users will react to your designs. That's where the Psychology of Web Design eBook comes into play. This insightful eBook runs down the many psychological factors that come into play for designers. It goes way beyond just knowing which colors to use to elicit specific moods out of your users. It delves into just how the human brain works in terms of digesting colors, contrasts, balance, symmetry, and more. By combining the usability guidelines from Maslow's pyramid, you'll be able to successfully change up your designs to best appeal to the widest audience. Learn more...
- Persuasion Triggers In Web Design
- Designing For A Hierarchy Of Needs
- Designing For The Mind
- 10 Useful Usability Findings And Guidelines
- 30 Usability Issues To Be Aware Of
- Designing For Start-Ups: How To Deliver The Message Across
- Color Theory For Designers - Part 1
- Color Theory For Designers - Part 2
- Color Theory For Designers - Part 3
User Experience, Practical Techniques, Volume 1 (149 pages)
If you're already familiar with UX design, then this book will certainly help you fine-tune your skills for a more user-friendly layout. A compilation of seven helpful articles on usability principles, you'll learn the best practices to avoid, as well as a number of positive examples and successful techniques to add to your designer's toolbox. Learn more...
- 9 Common Usability Mistakes In Web Design
- 10 Principles Of Effective Web Design
- Five More Principles Of Effective Web Design
- 10 Useful Techniques To Improve Your User Interface Designs
- 12 Useful Techniques For Good User Interface Design
- An Extensive Guide To Web Form Usability
- 10 Usability Nightmares You Should Be Aware Of
User Experience, Practical Techniques, Volume 2 (145 pages)
The second volume of this eBook series contains more article selections targeting UI Design and unique UX techniques to improve customer satisfaction overall on your website. Specifically, you'll dive into details on designing drop-down menus, login and sign-up forms, navigation menus, and tracking errors. Learn more...
- Improve The User Experience By Tracking Errors
- Designing Drop-Down Menus: Examples And Best Practices
- New Approaches To Designing Log-In Forms
- 9 Common Usability Mistakes In Web Design
- Horizontal Navigation Menus: Trends, Patterns And Best Practices
- Innovative Techniques To Simplify Sign-Ups and Log-Ins
Practical Approaches for Designing Usable Websites
User flow is critical when designing a website, and this eBook delves into the various approaches necessary to improve the overall user experience. Get crucial information on optimizing emotional engagement, performing heuristic website reviews, and designing various flows, among other techniques. Learn more...
- Evolve Your User Interface To Educate Your Users
- Optimizing Emotional Engagement In Web Design Through Metrics
- Enhancing User Interaction With First Person User Interface
- Enhancing User Interaction With First Person User Interfaces
- A Guide To Heuristic Website Reviews
- Stop Designing Pages And Start Designing Flows
- The Data-Pixel Approach To Improving User Experience
A Field Guide to Usability Testing (97 pages)
Creating a user-friendly website is vital to your business' success. But how do you measure the UX of your site? That's what this important eBook explains. The best kind of user tests measure actual user performance, and you'll learn the ins and outs of A/B testing and multivariate testing. You'll also be exposed to various tips for increasing the conversion rates of your visitors, as well as a review of testing methods and tools. Learn more...
- The Ultimate Guide to A/B Testing
- Multivariate Testing in Action
- Five Simple Steps to Increase Conversion Rates
- 15 Essential Checks Before Launching Your Website
- Test Usability By Embracing Other Viewpoints
- Multivariate Testing 101
- A Scientific Method of Optimizing Design
- Comprehensive Review of Usability and User Experience Testing Tools
This set of 6 Usability and UX for Web Design eBooks normally sells for $29.94, but for a limited time only, this Smashing Book bundle is yours for just $19!
- Instant download.
- All eBooks are provided in three DRM-free file formats - PDF, ePUB and Mobipocket, for use on the device of your choice.
- All eBooks are fully searchable and text can be cut-and-pasted.
- This is sold as a complete bundle.
- Not for redistribution/resale.