LAST DAY: eBook Bundle: HTML and CSS for Beginners - only $21!
56% You save
Thinking of getting started with web design? Or perhaps you already know your way around, but want to go over the basics. Either way, SitePoint's HTML and CSS for Beginners Bundle will give you the kick start you need into the world of web design.
Build Your Own Website The Right Way Using HTML & CSS, 3rd Edition
With more than 60,000 copies already sold, Build Your Own Website, by Ian Lloyd, is one of Sitepoint's longest running titles - and for good reason! Now in its third edition, you'll learn how to build and style your first web page, set up web hosting, promote your site, and keep it up and running. This latest edition has been fully updated to include the latest operating systems and web browsers, it also includes four extra chapters covering social media, jQuery, and HTML5 and CSS3.
- How to add styles to your first web page: add text and control page layout with CSS. Create backgrounds and borders, plus learn to add effects.
- How to use images on your website. Create a photo gallery and optimize graphics for the web.
- How to include a custom search and user feedback pages, to interact with your audience using web forms.
- How to launch your website, including hosting plans, the pros and cons of using free services, and the tools you'll need to go "live".
- How to extend your site's reach with social media. Discover the opportunities social media services, such as Twitter and Facebook can offer.
- How to enhance your site with HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery. Add cool features to your sites using the latest technologies to give your site more punch.
About the author:
Build Your Own Website the Right Way Using HTML & CSS is written by Ian Lloyd, founder of one of the earliest online accessibility resources, accessify.com. Lloyd has authored and co-authored a number of books on web development, including SitePoint's Ultimate HTML Reference. He has contributed articles to a number of industry-leading sites, including A List Apart and .net magazine.
What others are saying:
"Build Your Own Website the Right Way Using HTML & CSS" should immediately be made required reading for every single course on web design or web development across the world." — Roger Johansson, 456 Berea Street
"Nicely structured book, concise with good examples, easy to understand and follow" - GX
"Great book for a programming novice! I am a designer looking to dive into coding and this book has been a great starting point. It has built on the bit of knowledge I already had and grown that knowledge after a few chapters. Highly recommend." - Greg Melrath
HTML5 & CSS3 for the Real World
Picking up where Build Your Own Website leaves off, HTML5 & CSS3 for the Real World gives you a practical, concise introduction to the new features and best practices of HTML5 and CSS3. Alexis Goldstein, Louis Lazaris and Estelle Weyl take you through the new tools and features, putting an end to hacks and tricky workarounds. You'll master the new semantic markup available in HTML5, as well as how to use CSS3 without sacrificing clean markup or resorting to complex workarounds.
The book covers:
- Native HTML5 Video: escape that embarrassing Flash habit by embracing clean, native HTML5 video.
- Master the subtleties of @font-face, with type that truly supports and resonates with your message.
- Get the most of CSS3 by tapping into next-generation CSS selectors and powerful new styling and layout abilities with CSS3.
- Geolocation & Local Storage: use shiny-new APIs to build applications with location sensitivity and full offline functionality.
- Building intelligent, self-validating smart forms your users will love!
About the authors:
What others are saying:
"A complete and clear explanation of the new features of HTML 5 and CSS 3 explained on a funny and engaging way." - Fabricio Matías Quagliariello
"The book laid out simple principles in an easy to follow manner. Before I knew it I was programming my own web page." - Christopher McLeod
Today is the LAST DAY to get BOTH of these eBooks, worth $48, for just $21, plus an HTML5 reference poster in PDF format!
- You will receive both eBooks as an instant download after completing your purchase.
- Both eBooks are delivered in PDF, ePub (iBooks) and MOBI (Kindle) formats.